We are a group of Christians who gather together in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Our meetings are conducted in accordance with the New Testament Scriptures, having commenced over 115 years ago, firstly in Cheetham and then (since 1998) in Prestwich.
We meet each Sunday to remember the Lord Jesus Christ. In addition we hold weekly Gospel meetings on a Sunday afternoon at which the message of Salvation through repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is presented. We also have a weekly Sunday School as well as Bible study meetings.
We would be delighted if you could attend any of our meetings. You will be made most welcome and you will not be asked to contribute to any collection. Further details of these meetings and the times can be found under the "Meetings" link in the navigation panel.
- the Bible alone is the inspired Word of God
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God" - 2 Timothy 3 v 16
- that the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God
"Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" - Matthew 16 v 16
- all have sinned and come short of God's standard
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3 v 23
- God loves us and sent His Son to die on the cross at Calvary due to our sins
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" - John 3 v 16
- that a righteous God can forgive our sins if we express our faith in Christ who finished the work of salvation
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" - Acts 16 v 31
- the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and His ascension to heaven
"He raised Him from the dead and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places" - Ephesians 1 v 20
- that the Lord Jesus Christ will return, firstly for His saints and then to reign on earth for 1,000 years
"the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout" - 1 Thessalonians 4 v 16
"He must reign till He hath put all enemies under His feet" - 1 Corinthians 15 v 25